Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading/listening to? Recommend books, cds, videos...

Go down

What are you reading/listening to? Recommend books, cds, videos... Empty What are you reading/listening to? Recommend books, cds, videos...

Post  Monsoon_rain Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 am

Assalamu aleikum,

I had a long period without doing any educational activity, shame on me! I spent, or rather wasted, at least half a year moaning and complaining about my life in Pakistan not being the way I want it to be. Hopefully my depression is over, I've started doing things now, but nothing new, just revising bits and pieces from different islamic books.

Something I can recommend to everyone - The Qur'an, of course.

I know it is obvious we have to read it but don't we get carried away with our daily stuff and forget about The Book?...

I started reading again, alhamdulillah and that's what I try to do everyday:

- 2 pages in Arabic with the correct tajweed to the best of my abilities.
- 2 pages comparing the Arabic and English text, trying to memorise Arabic words and get used to grammar structure.
- 1 page, repeating after a qaree on cd, trying to master the tajweed, repeating that page at least 5 times.

that's what my spare time allow me for now, inshallah I will be able to do more soon.

Assalamu aleikum
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down