Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does your nick mean and why did you choose it?

2 posters

Go down

What does your nick mean and why did you choose it? Empty What does your nick mean and why did you choose it?

Post  Monsoon_rain Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:20 am

Assalamu aleikum,

I borrowed the idea for this topic from another forum (not smart enough to think of it myself). We (at least me) often wonder what nicks mean and what made users choose exactly that particular nick.

And yes, sister Ahjirasa, I've meant to ask you at least a thousand times what Ahjirasa means and I keep forgetting.Hope you don't mind sharing in public.

On the question- Monsoon rains are the torrential rains that fall during the summer season in the subcontinent.
I remember my geography lessons at school, we studied about people in India cheering about the falling rain, and we kids couldn't inderstand how anyone could be happy about a rainy weather....Now, I understand these people, I mean after not seeing a cloud for months and hiding in your only ACed room all day....the rain makes a change indeed and you appreciate it.

I chose this nick because for some reason the word 'monsoon' has always sounded misterious and romantic to me...not so anymore, since the monsoon is something familiar to me now...

Assalamu aleikum.
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down

What does your nick mean and why did you choose it? Empty Re: What does your nick mean and why did you choose it?

Post  ahjirasa Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:34 am

salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
ahjirasa is a name i got in university, given to me by a group who used to be really special to me. there is something called a sorority in america, a group of women join together with similar ideals and go thru a proceess called pledging in which basically the learn about each other and to trust each other and later on they form life long friendshops based on their shared ideals.
so i joined a sorority and after pledging i got this name, which is very specific to me, created based on my character, my streghths and weaknesses, my aspirations in life, my background, my abilities, and whatever other good characteristics that i examplify/showed whle going thru the process. so the name is a character description. Smile
it really means me myself who i am. it stands for my love for Allah and inshallah submission to Him. my character qualities which are very similar to water like a water fall or lake or ocean, not like water from tap, my diverse background being mixed racially and ethnically and culturally, my strength and abilities like those of thunder and lightning (powerful, a bit scary, different from others, mysterious, impactful...), the love i have for my parents and how who i am today reflects the generous efforts they put into shaping me and helping me in the world an dinshallah how much i appreciate this etc, and my unique standing in many an issue, a unique perspecitve, way of saying things and seeing themand presenting them, a so called leadership quality:) lol
so the name is me, or supposed to be me anyway:) it was formulated not by myself but by what others saw in me when i was under duress which is when the real person supposedly comes out anyway... and Allah knows best:)

i thought u chose your name cuz you like the rains! andi agree with you, monsoon does sound romantic. there's an indian/english movie called moonsoon weding... its so romantic and silly and feel good... you should rent it:)

ahjirasa

Back to top Go down

What does your nick mean and why did you choose it? Empty Re: What does your nick mean and why did you choose it?

Post  Monsoon_rain Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Assalamu aleikum sister Ahjirasa,

What an interesting description of your personality, that was really poetic. And an useful bit of information, never knew something like sororities existed.

But did they make up the name up, or is it a name of a famous muslimah....I just didn't get the origin of this name.
I hope you keep in touch with your sorority co-memebers.

btw I've seen the movie Monsoon_rain...so long ago that I don't remember anything. Having in mind the movie is not that old, then my memory must be really short. As for the weddings I am not allowed to go unles there is complete sex segregation and complete lack of music...and not too much food.My dh is really strict on certain issues, espacialy islamic, which can only make me happy, alhamdulillah.

Lat point: if you know a site with some nice moving, blinking, jumping forum icons, please let me know. Or just a pounding red heart would be sufficient if you know of one.

assalamu aleikum
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum