Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Schooling

2 posters

Go down

Home Schooling Empty Home Schooling

Post  ahjirasa Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:35 am

Salam alaykum wa rhamatullah wa barakatu
I have a one year old so i kinda dont have to worry too much right now but i'm wondering what everyone thinks of home schooling and at what age shall one start and how does one go about doing the whole thing anyway...
i'm very intersted to home school, mainly because i want to impart islamic values which i know cant really be done at school, not even at an islamic school because i want to make islam a way of life for my child, i want everything they learn to be based on islam and to have precedence in islam.
i also hate the idea of subjects, except maybe in my head but not out on paper or what not cuz life and living are education, and not a seperate entity. school is everywhere dont you think? the sky, the water, the oceans, your manners, the clothes you wear, shopping. school is everywhere and i think by specializing, one looses something. the onlly think that deserves to be specialized and have a place located for it and be called school is quran and sunnah. those are things that one has to learn because from them stems everything else...
anyway, just bouncing ideas... any thoughts?

ahjirasa

Back to top Go down

Home Schooling Empty Re: Home Schooling

Post  Monsoon_rain Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Assalamu aleikum,

Homeschooling is something I consider seriously. It might be funny at these stage because my son is not even a toddler yet, but I am actively searching for homeschooling info and resourses. It seems to have so many advantages, but I am really worried about the social life of my son, would it be normal if he didn't attend a public school, and also would I manage with everything. Homeschooling means that we, mothers, wouldn't have the few free hours when our children are at school. After all it might be worth it to start collecting info at such an early age. There are so many points to consider...and what about my dodgy accent, how can I teach him proper English accent, any ideas? We probably have to do tones of recorded listening excersices.

There are some Islamic homescholing links here: http://new2pakistan.friendhood.net/islamic-websites-and-blogs-f18/islamic-homeschooling-t107.htm

Please, share yours.

assalamu aleikum
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum