Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Death of Our Prophet (saw)

Go down

The Death of Our Prophet (saw) Empty The Death of Our Prophet (saw)

Post  Admin Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 am

The Death of Our Prophet (saw)
by Admin on Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 2:43

The death of the Prophet (SAW) is one that we should all reflect on. Indeed, to have been in his presence would have been bliss, He (SAW) was a Mercy to mankind. With craziness wreaking havoc in our world today, the magic wand that was his character would have been a such a relief. During our circle on Sunday we read through the section in Imam Ghazali's Death and Afterlife that shared the event of our beloved Prophet's (SAW) death. As the time neared, he (SAW) made this beautiful, short but invaluable, speech:

'He praised and glorified God, and then said, 'O people! I have heard that you fear that I shall die, as though you considered death to be something odious. What is it that you resent in the death of your Prophet? Has not my death notice already been given you; have not you yourselves already been given your death notices? Was any Prophet of those that were sent before me rendered immortal that I might also be granted eternal life? Nay, I shall go to join my Lord, as shall you all. I advise you to act kindly towards the First Emigrants, and to them I counsel mutual favour, for truly God (Great and Glorious is He!) has said, By the Afternoon! Truly man is in loss. Save they have faith ' He recited the chapter to its end, and then continued, 'Affairs run by the leave of God. Never permit the (inherent) slowness of something to induce you to try hastening it, for truly, God (Exalted is He!) hastens not by reason of the haste of anyone. Whoever seeks to overthrow God, God shall overthrow him, and whoever seeks to decieve Him will be decieved by Him. If you turn away, will you work corruption in the earth and sever your family ties? I counsel you to honour the Helpers, for they it was who made ready the land and the faith before you came.' Be good to them, for did they not share with you half their crops and make room for you in their houses? Did they not prefer you over themselves alothout theirs was the greater need? Thus whoever is given authority to judge between two men, let him accept from their virtuous amongst their authority to judge between two men, let him accept from the virtuous amongst their number and deal indulgently with their wrongdoers. Do not prefer anyone over them.
' ' I am preceding you, but you shall join me. Our tryst is at the Pool, my Pool whose breadth exceeds the distance which is between Bostra of Syria and Sana of Yemen. Into it from the spout of al-Kawther pours a water which is whither than milk, softer than foam and sweeter than honey; whosoever drinks of it shall never thirst again. Pearls are its pebbles; musk is its bed. Whosoever is deprived of it tomorrow at the Standing Place is deprived of all good. Therefore, let him who is desirous of meeting me there tomorrow restrain his tongue and hand from all save what is meet. '

Imam' Ghazali's 'Death and the Afterlife', pp 62-63.

I pray that Allaah deems us worthy of the meeting and intercession of His Prophet (SAW).
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://new2pakistan.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down