Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test your Tawheed

Go down

Test your Tawheed Empty Test your Tawheed

Post  Admin Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Test your Tawheed: Have you learnt it? AFTER teaching his book “Kitab at-Tawheed” to his students for a couple of times or more, Imam Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahhaab wanted to repeat it again. His students said, “O Sheikh, we wish to study another book, a book of Fiqh or Hadith.” The Sheikh asked, “Why?”. His students said, “We have understood Tawheed. We want to study another science.” The Sheikh replied, “Wait, I shall give some thought to this.” A few days later, the Sheikh came to class with a troubled face. His students asked him for the reason. The Sheikh said he had come across something that angered him. “It has been related to me that the inhabitants of a house sacrificed a rooster (for a Jinn) in front of their door. I have sent someone to confirm this affair.” Few days later, the Sheikh said, “They did not sacrifice for other than Allah, but it was someone who fornicated with his mother.” Shocked, his students
exclaimed, “We seek refuge with Allah! He fornicated with his mother?!! We seek refuge with Allah! He fornicated with his mother...”. Sheikh-Al-Islam then showed them the ignorance of their statement - “We understood Tawheed” - and that this was one of the greatest tricks of Satan. The students exclaimed and expressed anger on hearing a great sin, but their hearts were not angered when a Major Shirk, sacrificing to other than Allah, that exits one from Islam was mentioned. They took a major sin to be greater than Shirk. This also happens today. We are angered when we see great sins (which is good), but when we hear or see people doings acts of Shirk al-Akbar (Major Shirk) it does not move our hearts. This proves our ignorance. It proves that we have not understood Tawheed One of the Salaf, Imam Abu Al-Aliyah rahimahullah said, "I would travel for days to meet a man and the first thing I would notice about him is his prayer. If he would establish the prayer perfectly and on time, I would stay with him and hear the knowledge he had. If I found him to be careless concerning the prayer, I would leave him and say to myself that for things other than the prayer, he would be even more careless." (Hilyat Al-Awliya, 2/312)
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://new2pakistan.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down