Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round Roti, Square Roti...and Paratha

Go down

Round Roti, Square Roti...and Paratha Empty Round Roti, Square Roti...and Paratha

Post  Monsoon_rain Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 am

I used to be terrified thinking that when we go to Pakistan I might have to cook rotis at home. To me it looked as an impossible task. To my suprise, first, I didn't have to cook them because they are sold at every corner and second, they are not so difficult and not so messy as I imagined...

You just have to mix flour and water and a little salt and leave it for few hours. The flour is a special kind, it's not what we use in Europe but I have to ask what sort of flour it is.

Then you take small balls from the dough and try to make them flat and round with the rolling pin. I haven't mastered the round shape yet, they come out more like square rotis and sometimes they have an undefined shape but it doesn't really affect the taste.

Then you heat the flat pan (it has another name but Idon't know it), and doing your best not to spoil the shape, you put the rotis in it and cook both sides until ready.

If put ghee (indian refined butter) on the pan, then you get parathas. Paratha is very popular for breakfast in Pakistan.

That's all.

Roti:
Round Roti, Square Roti...and Paratha Raj52b12

Paratha:
Round Roti, Square Roti...and Paratha Parath10
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum