Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan Origin Card (POC)

Go down

Pakistan Origin Card (POC) Empty Pakistan Origin Card (POC)

Post  Monsoon_rain Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Pakistan Origin Card (POC) POC

Assalamu aleikum sisters,

I believe this is a very useful info, at least it was for me some time ago. I travelled twice to Pakistan and both times I've been queueing up for visa in the Pakistani Embassy in London. At the moment I and my son have 6 month visas but when it bacame clear that we have to stay longer than 6 months we started looking for ways to extend our visas. Then a sister told me about this POCs and we are now sorted for the next 7 years inshallah. Here is the info:

[i]The POC program endeavors to provide eligible foreigners with unprecedented incentives to get back to their roots, while ensuring that the motherland remains tightly integrated with expatriates worldwide.

Benefits from POC:

Visa-free entry into Pakistan.
Indefinite stay in Pakistan.
Exemption from foreigner registration requirements.
Permission to purchase and sell property.
Right to open and operate bank accounts

Eligibility for POC

All Pakistan Origin Immigrants, Foreigners and their family members with annulled Nationality under the Rules; following persons can apply for POC, namely:

1. People of Pakistani Origin: This includes three types of persons:

A. Former Pakistani Citizens: Any person who does not currently hold Pakistani citizenship but has ever remained a Pakistani citizen in his/her lifetime.

Following persons are however, excluded from this category, namely:

a. Any person who was deprived of Pakistan citizenship by an order passed by the Federal Government under subsection (2) or subsection (3) of section 16 of the Pakistan Citizenship Act, 1951 (II of 1951). Click here for more detail.

b. A person who ceased to be a Pakistani citizen upon creation of Bangladesh pursuant to subsection (1) of section 16-A of the Pakistan Citizenship Act, 1951 (II of 1951).

c. A Pakistani citizen who was domiciled in the territories of the hitherto Province of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) but who, before 16th December 1971, ceased to be a Pakistani citizen and acquired the nationality or citizenship of a foreign country (excluding India and Israel) unless he or she can prove at least one of his living relatives to be presently a citizen of Pakistan.

d. Any person currently holding citizenship or nationality of Israel or India.

B. Foreigners with links to Pakistan: The following persons are eligible to apply for POC in this category, namely:

a. A person who has never been a Pakistani citizen but any of whose parents or grandparents is/was a citizen of Pakistan at any time during his/her lifetime, provided that;

(a) at least one of his living relatives is presently a Pakistani citizen;

(b) he is not, and never was, a citizen or national of India or Israel; and

(c) none of his parents or grandparents has ever been a citizen or national of India or Israel unless such parent after having acquired Pakistani citizenship never acquired/re-acquired citizenship or nationality of India or Israel;

b. Any person who has never been a Pakistani citizen but who either himself, or any of whose parents or grandparents (a) was born in the territories included in the Indo-Pak sub-continent; (b) was domiciled in the territories now included in Pakistan; and (c) who acquired the citizenship or nationality of a foreign state or country before the commencement of the Pakistan Citizenship Act, 1951 (II of 1951) i.e. 13th April 1951. Such person shall have to prove that at least one of his living relatives is presently a Pakistani citizen. This category however excludes all persons who are, or have ever been, citizens or nationals of India or Israel.

2. Family Members of Eligible Persons: Family members of the persons eligible for a POC as mentioned above can also apply for it. This includes spouse; real parents or real grandparents; or real or adopted children or grandchildren of the eligible persons mentioned above. However, any such family member who only holds Pakistani citizenship shall not be eligible to apply for POC.

Pakistani citizens stranded in Bangladesh, i.e. those who continue to be citizens of Pakistan pursuant to the first proviso to subsection (1) of section 16-A of the Pakistan Citizenship Act, 1951 (II of 1951), may not apply for POC.

Pakistani citizens who are holding dual nationality or are only on work or residence permit in a country outside Pakistan are not eligible for POC but eligible for National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis.

Required Documents for POC:

Completed POC Application Form.
2 photographs (passport size).
Bank Draft/Bank Receipt for the fee ($100 for adults, $50 for minors), valid for 7 years.
Copy of Foreign passport.
At least 1 proof of Pakistani origin:
Copy of Pakistani passport
Copy of National ID Card (NIC)
Proof of property owned in Pakistan
Proof of relationship with a Pakistani; e.g. (Marriage or Birth Certificate), along with the relative's Pakistani passport or NIC.

Read more about the application procedure and the fees read here

Last edited by Monsoon_rain on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monsoon_rain
Monsoon_rain

Back to top Go down